Well it's time to get up and start the day,
Even tho I'm not ready, there's just no other way.
First I must start with what I really dread,
To get right to the job of making the bed.
We know it's a bad habit, we both agree,
It helps to get the day started with our morning coffee.
Then to fix a tasty breakfast, so we don't have to fast,
Knowing that by noon the food did not last.
Next to my other duty, which is the washing,
I certainly don't want to get another tongue lashing.
Now for something important, a cold can of pop,
It gives all the energy I need, while I scrub and mop.
I get out the electric iron to do the pressing,
I do this humbly, I'm such a blessing.
Dusting the furniture and to run the sweeper,
If I forget one task, I just get in deeper.
Now it's noon, time to fix something more to eat,
No wonder I'm tired and I am so beat.
Time out for our much needed afternoon nap,
Waking up refreshed to see what else is on tap.
Cleaning the windows, so our vision is clear,
To keep an eye on our neighbors, who are so dear.
It's not long until the evening meal,
You can't imagine how tired I feel.
I struggle to the bedrroom and crash in bed,
You probably don't believe a word I said.
The Obedient Herb, March 2006
Thursday, June 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love this poem - and it is so Herb. Just found this blog tonight - Think its great!! Vashti
Post a Comment