Once I was young, with a head full of brown hair,
Now you notice it is gray and not all of it there.
Once I was young, my eyes keen of sight,
Now if I can find my glasses, I'll be alright.
Once I was young, my hearing was okay.
Now would you repeat that! What did you say?
Once I was young, my nose okay I guess,
Now I would be better off to keep it out of other people's business.
Once I was young, when my teeth were all in,
Now I wear my dentures, I don't want my nose touching my chin.
Once I was young and my muscles all a bulging.
Now you look at me and know I've been over-indulging.
Once I was young, my back all straight and strong,
Now I finding out I have a hitch in my get-along.
Once I was young, my legs would take me where I would go,
Now they are all wobbly and my step are a might slow.
Once I was young, with no pain in my feet,
Now my Lazy-Boy recliner just can't be beat.
Once I was young, being daring in taking a chance,
Now I wish I could get this lead out of the seat of my pants.
Once I was young, my body all trim and thin,
Now I guess I'm doing okay for the shape I'm in.
Once I was young and now I am old,
It won't be very long, til this old tent I will fold.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Daddy, I LOVE IT!!!! For an old Bump on a Blog, you sure look great!!!! Can't wait to see you in person soon! Love from London, Dawnie
I love the poem!!! I was hoping that you would put some of your great talent on your blog. Be sure and put your name at the bottom as the writer so that no one steals your work. Wish we could get your poems published. Love you very much. Dana
Thanks for adding to your blog. Just don't plan on folding that tent too soon. We need you around for a long time yet. Love you, Julie
Post a Comment